Tuesday 12 May 2009

A Wish

A door stands closed, between me and someone I know.
It pains me dearly, it hurts me so!
So much did my scorned fingers try to reach the knob, but no matter how close it be...
That door, it still stands closed, between someone I know, and me!

If not that, then I wish there be a window somewhere...
And if I could not come out, at least I could open it and see --
If the person I know, is still standing there...

Even though I wish they forget me, and stand no more,
In burning agony called hope, near that miserable door...
...and run off to a land less painful, and breathe in its happy air.


Yet there lingers on in me, that childish whim of mine ---
That the door opens one day....
...and in they step to say,
" I am home dear, and now it'll all be fine! "

No comments:

Post a Comment