Tuesday 12 May 2009

Oft times...

Oft times have I warned myself not to sway,
Oft times have I unheeded my own warnings.
'Tis not wise to make castles in the air, they say;
Yet they dwell in my lonesome nights, and fill my lonesome mornings...

Oft times have I thought
and pitied my ailing lot...
Oft times have I found myself, so dearly wishing ---
That I be in the wrong when I think that the sole conclusion to life is withering, waning and languishing!

...For I fail to chance upon the way that leads to you...
and I don't think I have the strength to start anew.
For I possess a mind too troubled, too frail...
...a heart as broken as a wrecked boat, a soul as crushed as a tattered sail.

Yet, hopeful, I linger on...
In the world of disbelievers, a wanton, elusive fawn,
Dreaming of you, when all is gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment