Friday 10 June 2016

Road to Elsewhere

Leaving home tonight 
Packed neat and proper
It'll take me a lifetime and a night
To explain this sober
Pour me some wine and I'll go this over--
Before I take the road to elsewhere.

I tried dreaming here more times than one,

I've tried love and all things such
Nothing helps more and nothing helps much;
When I see the girl in the mirror coming undone.
And I've counted my summers enough in the rabbit snare
To know why I should take the road to elsewhere..

I'm burning faceless faces in long gone-cold-fireplaces

I've been sleeping so dreamless
I'm sleeping myself sleepless
It's a world full of sadness and all things unfair
But I'm tuned way too far on the radio of my madness to care--
For anything except to be on the road to elsewhere.

It'll take me a lifetime and a night

To explain this sober..
Pour me some wine and I'll go this over,
Before I take the road to elsewhere.

I tuck away stories and moons in my eyes..

And I've always had trouble waking up at sunrise
I've loved the wrong people and lived wrong days;
That's enough to say I won't change my ways.
So you can dress me in a cape and tie my hair,
It's a windy drive on the road to elsewhere

I'm going it alone but two's good company

I've heard they've got a wishing well somewhere;
And no homes for the worldly-wise there.
All you need is a jazz tune soul to be on the road to elsewhere..
Well It'll take me a lifetime and a night
To explain this sober,
Pour me some wine and I'll go this over--
As we take the road to elsewhere..
Breathing in the crisp new air,
On the road to elsewhere..
Road to elsewhere..


No comments:

Post a Comment