Friday 30 October 2009

Homecoming


Night, this night, how pleasant and sweet!
There stand in the vase pristine and neat—
The roses, giddy, with fragrances their own
No flower stands withered, no leaf alone.
The hours, they glide with sanguine bliss
As enamored, as love, as quick as a kiss!
The firelight makes merry, joyous and warm.
And the darkness comforts, so unusual it’s form!
The furniture lies bare, smiling, content.
The moments in gladdening apprehensions are spent.
The mind stays engrossed, in thoughts good and fair.
And the heart finds peace, ah! such delighted air!
Night,this night,something lovely about this night.
All nights are dark – this one, bright!
Let, dear god, let this night be
Let me be here, away from me.
And from all that I love, and owe my life to.
From all the happiness I had, and the pains I went through;
When I loved them and lost; god, for the tired heart’s sake
Let this night stay, for I love nothing about it, it will not ache.


No comments:

Post a Comment